One remarkable thing about kids is that they are uniquely different. Some are auditory learners, while others are visual, kinesthetic, or reading/writing learners. Some excel in large classrooms, while others learn best in one-on-one or small-group settings. However, we can agree on one thing; every child deserves to learn at their own pace!
Afterschool tutoring programs provide the best platform for all types of learners to learn at their own pace through learning styles that work best for them. Here are the benefits of after – school tutoring;
- Improves Attitude: A child struggling with a subject in class tends to feel discouraged and may develop a negative attitude toward learning. Tutoring helps them improve in areas they were previously struggling in and develop a love and passion for learning. Your child will also become more engaged through tutoring, boosting their confidence. On the other hand, confident learners enjoy learning both in school and at home.
- Builds Confidence: One of the significant benefits of after-school tutoring on students is boosting their confidence and self-esteem, not just in the classroom but also in life. Confidence is vital in everything we do in life, but especially crucial to children during their learning career. Like adults, children enjoy doing something they love and are confident in. Tutors help students to perform better at school, which causes them to get better grades. Better grades boost confidence and self-esteem, vital traits in social and academic life. School can be challenging, especially for students struggling with varying topics. After-school tutoring provides them with an excellent platform to get academic help. The program makes learning fun and enjoyable, something that causes students to develop confidence in subjects that challenged them before. After-school tutoring also improves a child’s attitude toward learning and motivates them to do better. It also helps them to reach higher academic potential and prepares them for higher education and career life. All these traits contribute to more confidence and a love for learning.
- Homework Help: Many kids perform well academically but face challenges and require help when doing homework. They could face problems when working on assignments, writing papers, or solving math problems. Hiring an after-school tutor can be great because they provide guidance without judgment. A tutor can help students with homework and relieve their emotional baggage. Tuitions also provide great help to students preparing to get into college. They help them develop effective homework strategies and good study habits applicable to higher learning.
- Individualized Support: Every child is unique and has a different level of understanding. As such, each child requires a different teaching approach for better performance. Teachers in a regular classroom experience many challenges when teaching since children learn at different paces and process information differently. They teach and move as per the curriculum since they cannot gear-up speed that suits each child. The high population in regular classrooms makes it hard for many students to understand basic concepts, which leads to poor academic performance. Working with a tutor provides your child with individualized attention and customized learning to meet their needs. The tutor can adjust their teaching method according to the child’s needs. They can also try different approaches and teaching methods until the child successfully understands concepts. Individualized learning allows students to focus more on their education since they do not compare themselves with others.
- Creates a Sense of Belonging: If your school doesn’t run the after-school program, it may be an excellent way for your child to meet new friends. Being in a new environment can provide a break from social concerns and cliques that your child could be experiencing. Kids in after-school tutoring feel included and feel like they are part of a group. They also have more adult supervision than those who don’t engage in the program.
- Develops Critical Thinking: Students who attend tuition programs are better critical thinkers than those who don’t. This is because tutors teach their students to think thoroughly about academic problems and come up with solutions. Students who look at academic problems critically manage to solve them effectively and can apply the same knowledge in other scenario.
- Provides Academic Challenge: Many people believe that tutoring is only for poor performers. This is far from the truth! Tutoring is for all learners, including the most brilliant and gifted students. A tutor motivates your child to perform better and to improve their skills. They also challenge bright students to challenge themselves by trying advanced concepts or new skills. You can, for example, hire a tutor to help your child in a single subject of interest, such as language, literature, or art.
- Helps to Maintain Skills: Most students who don’t attend tutoring during the long holiday tend to forget some academic practices. Their memory of previously learned concepts fades away for lack of preparation, making it hard for them to perform once they return to school. Tutoring allows students to stay in practice both in school and at home. As such, their academic skills remain sharp at all times. It also helps them close learning gaps that occur in the classroom due to varying factors.
- Improves learners’ Independence: A tutor can improve your child’s confidence in the classroom and future career life. Tutoring enables them to gain Independence by coaching them to set clear and realistic goals and develop a realistic and practical plan. They also assist students in developing a passion for learning and self-motivation, eventually making them self-driven learners. Your child can also become an independent learner by applying self-motivation skills, where they verbalize and internalizes goals before beginning to work on them. A tutor may also help your child learn independently by training them to self-assess themselves and reflect on everything they have learned before seeking help.
- Helps Learners to overcome Test Anxiety: Test anxiety involves feelings of self-doubt and worry when taking a test. A child with this condition may perform poorly and be miserable. There is a vast number of students that suffer due to this condition, Such students perform well in class but perform below their capabilities when tests come. Most of these students overthink during testing, leading to stress and hindering them from performing as expected. Hiring a tutor can help students with test anxiety to formulate better learning techniques that help them focus and calm down during the test.
At Lifehack Learning Hub, we offer personalized tutoring perfect for all students struggling with scores and confidence who have slipped behind. You can trust our tutors to bring out the best in your child by building strong, personal relationships with them. Our tutoring initiative is based on research, critical thinking, creativity, problem-solving, perseverance, leadership, communication, collaboration, global awareness, personal well-being, and Information Technology. It is a perfect place to bring your child if you are looking for high-notch tutoring.